by Elisabeth Somerset-Watson
Here are some of my favourite photos I took while out on Fogo Island, Newfoundland on a recent quick trip my husband and I took out there in October.
Here are a comments about where I was and why I like the shot :
1. The SWISH – Artist in residence cottage.
Wild ocean behind the sparse and modern Norwegian architect firms designed building. Spectacular and cool.
2. Near the beginning of a 8.2km hike on the Lions Den Trail. Really spectacular view and inspiring sights beside the winding paths along the Oceanside. . Well marked and maintained trail with historical plaques telling about the people, Villages and life that have been there through the centuries. We had a local guide which was so great telling us many interesting and fun stories.
3. Further along the trail. Beautiful and peaceful.
4. Another image along the trail. I love the colours and wildness of this shot which shows the grasses, a dwarfed tree from the winds out there and the rock colours and textures.
5. The Fogo Island Inn. Incredible architecture and place.
I played with the lighting on this shot for an other worldly view and image.
6..The Fogo Island Inn . Shot taken walking down towards the ocean over the rock to get more of a perspective of the building. Really amazing.
People and space.😊🌿
Come on Collectif members, show us your creativity! Send JPG images of work completed since March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with up to 100 words per image describing what you did, materials used, inspiration, etc. Maybe share how you’re feeling more than a year into the Covid experience & how/if creativity helps.
Give us informative, inspiring show & tell. Writers, send us poetry, lyrics, a short piece or excerpt and try to include a suitable illustration of some sort. For all images please include size (height by width), title & media. Thank you!