Welcome to the CAGAC.ca Website!
This website is the main information source about our Collective. It is also the starting point for sharing information with members & the public. We’ll feature news/details about past & current events, shows & activities initiated by the Collective–as well as some projects initiated by various Special Interest Groups (SIGs). In addition, the Member Artists page acts as a central direct access to those members with online art sites.
The site has been created & is maintained by a very small group of highly dedicated volunteers. Accordingly, we’re counting on everyone to feed us appropriate information (we DON’T know it all!)
Please “Follow us”, as well as repost items of interest to Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the buttons at the bottom of each webpage.
This is intended as a Collective collaboration!!
The Collective has almost 90 members. To date the not-for-profit group has created:
- An annual exhibition in a funeral home–-though art isn’t dead;
- Workshops for members & non;
- Town-wide art displays, readings & concerts.
This year several mural projects involved area students & artists. The Collective’s intention is to make art a living asset in our area.
The Collective develops art opportunities for members & the community. Our goal is artistic & community enrichment.
Members practice visual & lens-based art, writing & performance. The non-profit group was founded in October 2016.
Board of directors
- Bobi Leutschaft Poitras, President
- Lesley Orr, Vice-President
- Lynne Ayers , Secretary
- Yvonne Callaway, Treasurer
- Tina Whitman, Membership
- François Desjardins, Director
- Jen McDonald, Hospitality
- Alison Hall, Graphic Designer
- Sindy Leger, Social Media