The site was created & is maintained by a very small group of dedicated volunteers: it is intended as a Collective collaboration. Accordingly, we count on everyone to feed us appropriate information (we DON’T know it all!)
Please “Follow us”, as well as repost items of interest to Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the buttons at the bottom of each webpage.
The Collective has about 80 members. To date the not-for-profit group has created:
- An annual exhibition in a funeral home–-though art isn’t dead
- Annual exhibitions at two local museums
- Workshops for members & non-members
- Three murals, one involving five local schools. This 12×32′ beauty went up in September 2019
- Town-wide art displays, readings & art/music happenings.
The Collective’s intention is to make art a living asset in our area.
The Collectif d’artistes de Glengarry Artists’ Collective [CAGAC] is a not-for-profit assembly of artists engaging with residents to create community-building programs & significant personal & community growth.
Members practice visual & lens-based art, writing & performance. The group was founded in October 2016.
Board of Directors
- Bobi Leutschaft Poitras, President
- Yvonne Callaway, VP & Treasurer
- Lynne Ayers, Secretary
- Brenda Kennedy, Membership
- Katie Ditschun, Director & Hospitality
- Elaine Delves, Director & Hospitality
- Francois Desjardins, Webtech & ArtBank lead
- Alison Hall, Graphic Designer
- Sindy Leger, Social Media