The popular art expo returns to Main Street, Alexandria. Open to the art-curious 24 hours/day, WOW is 104 works by 23 eclectic artists in more than 20 venues through the town centre.
Windows on Our World, or WOW, hangs in business windows between Peel and Kenyon Streets on Main Street, Alexandria from 11 September to 24 October. Folks can vote for their favourites – winner will be announced at the close, 24 October.
The six-week exhibit kicks off with WOWfest in Mill Square on Saturday, 11 September. Events include:
- Art in the Square, from 10:00 to 13:00.
- Families can try painting and multi-media work on site, all materials supplied. Local artists share tips and techniques. Come discover your inner van Gogh!
- Or, practice painting alla prima (all in one go) en pleine aire (in the great outdoors.)
- ArtMart, from 10:00 to 16:00
- Local artists selling small art works, jewellery, cards, creative items
- Live Music Under the Tent, from 13:00
- Noël Campbell and Stephen Blondin
- Katie Ditschun
The weekend of 25 & 26 September, piggyback on the Apples & Art tour by visiting local studios and the Main Street show!
Finally, on Sunday, 24 October, the People’s Choice winner is announced at Sandfield Centre in Island Park between 1:00 and 1:30 p.m. There will also be an art gift to the Township of North Glengarry.
What is Collectif d’artistes de Glengarry Artists’ Collective?
Founded in October 2016, the group has 70 members. To date our not-for-profit group has created:
- Annual exhibitions: in a funeral home [2017-20]–though art isn’t dead; Glengarry Pioneer Museum [2018-21]; Windows on Our World [WOW 2017, 18, 21]
- Workshops for members & non
- County-wide art displays, readings, concerts, the Stuart McCormick Tribute
- ArtBank: putting art in businesses year round
- Three mural projects decorating the community
The Collective’s intention is to make art a living asset in our area.