Beating swords into plowshares by Katie Ditschun
I decided I wanted a raised garden. After contemplating my options, purchase or build, and seeing the current cost of lumber. . . and realizing my son has new Wood Shop skills — an idea hit me!
A number of years ago we built a custom “fort” for our son using purchased lumber and some scraps from a disassembled deck. I realized — since he never uses the fort anymore — we could use that lumber! My son was very happy to dismantle the fort.
Now we could see what pieces we had in order to figure out how big a garden we could build. We used much creativity and skill 😉 to jigsaw-puzzle the pieces together.
The end result is a raised garden my son and I proud of. It’s dimensions are a little strange (62”x77”), and the ground is very uneven, but we maximized what we had and made a great, level garden!
A week later:
Collectif members want to see your work! Send JPG images of work completed since March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with up to 100 words per image describing what you did, materials used, inspiration, etc. Maybe share how you’re feeling more than a year into the Covid experience & how/if creativity helps. Give us informative, inspiring show & tell. Writers, send us poetry, lyrics, a short piece or excerpt and try to include a suitable illustration of some sort. Thank you!
Great job, and repurposing, too!j
A FUN PROJECT…WELL DONE