The Township of North Glengarry is planning a Kilt Skate on 23 January 2021. They’ve invited The Collectif artists to create a digital art show for it, which will feature on arena screens during the event – and on social media afterwards.
What: Kilt Skate Art Show
When: 23 Jan 2021, 15:00 -17:00
Where: On screens at Alexandria’s Billy Gebbie Arena on the date, then on social media
But we do have to act quickly!
- Because the show supports a Kilt Skate, works should be Celtic inspired–though that doesn’t have to be the major theme.
- E.g., a landscape could have a Celtic knot on a gate; a character could be wearing tartan; Robbie Burns; Scottish flags fluttering off Glengarry landscapes; thistles; Highland dancers &/or musicians; Highland games; Scotch!; Tree of life; Tartans; Redheads; Highland cattle; castles; heather; golf, etcetera
- Does not have to be recent work
- Displayed work will be permitted in future bricks-and-mortar Collectif shows (if not previously shown)
- Pottery, paintings, photos, glasswork, sculpture welcome
- No cost to Collectif members
- No size limitations or hanging issues!
- Limited to 5 works/artist
- Works can be for sale, or not. Collectif contact info will be in the slide show.
- Each work will have 2 images:
- a tight shot & a pull back of the work with title, artist, media, size, price
- Send quality jpgs & details by 3 January 2021. We’ll create the slide show with your images & details. Of course we appreciate receiving works early, there is a slide show to produce!
- Email up to five images & details of your works to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Yvonne at email@example.com if you have questions, comments.
Due to Covid’s ongoing effects, The Show at Brent’s Place will not take place in February 2021.