A Month of Art in the Street, 24/7
WOW Returns to Alexandria
Alexandria, Ontario: 7 September 2018. The popular 30-day art expo along Main Street, Alexandria returns. Open to the art-curious 24 hours/day, WOW is a fab opportunity to engage with ~45 talented and varied artists while strolling through the centre of town.
Windows on Our World, or WOW will hang in business windows between Peel and St George on Main Street, Alexandria from 15 September to 13 October. Folks can also vote for their favourites – winners will be announced Saturday, 13 October. Last year’s winning work will hang in The Georgian House. Events include:
- Saturday, 15 September, Le Party! From 12 to 4 p.m. A new and energetic jazz combo, Impromptu; food in Mill Square; and tours of WOW with local artists.
- Saturday 22 September Art in the Park:
- Families can try painting and multi-media work under the shelters in Island Park between 1 and 4 p.m. Materials supplied. Local artists will share tips and techniques. Come discover your inner van Gogh!
- Or, practice painting alla prima (all in one go) en pleine aire (in the great outdoors.)
- Saturday & Sunday, 29 & 30 September piggyback on the Apples & Art tour by visiting local studios and the Main Street show!
- Saturday, 13 October the People’s Choice winner is announced at Sandfield Centre in Island Park. Official closing of WOW between 1:30 and 3 p.m..
Enjoy a variety of styles, topics and artists. Vote for your faves! The Collective’s intention is to make art a living asset in our area.
Brilliant!…You are always on the ball, Yvonne!Thanks!…Sandra
Sent from Samsung tablet