We’ll be doing finished pieces requiring more materials, so the price is a little higher than our last workshop: $95 for members, $115 for non-members. But this is more than an intro class!
- Full day workshop, 27 Oct 18 10:00-16:00
- Green Valley Community Centre
Are you frustrated wasting paint trying to mix that perfect colour? No more!
Andrea Warren of Golden Acrylics is back! This hands-on workshop will give you a solid foundation in colour theory & pigment reality. Delve deeply into colour concepts & pigment knowledge through a series of experimental exercises. Then, apply what you’ve learned to create three small abstract paintings using a variety of pouring techniques.
- Pigment families & their unique characteristics: how their differences effect saturation, sheen, transparency & clean colour mixing
- Using a variety of mineral & modern primary colours to mix a huge range of hues
- Differences in white & black pigments: how to create a range of tints & shades
- The gorgeous Iridescent & Interference paints, including layering ideas & what mixes create the best effects
- Varying values to create depth & interest
- Exploiting Golden’s free-flowing paints & leveling mediums to produce various pouring techniques, including the ‘dirty pour’ & marbled designs using a variety of tools
- Create your own DIY marbling tools; tips for getting a glass-smooth surface.
Spend the day painting, get a solid foundation in pigments & colour, experiment with new materials & go home with three finished pieces! All materials included.
Note:Paintings will still be very wet when class is finished: they’ll need to be kept level for the ride home. Recommended to bring flat surfaces to class for ease of transport, i.e. a couple of cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
About our workshop leader
Andrea Warren is a visual artist & educator based in Ottawa, Ontario. Since 2008 she has been a Working Artist for Golden Artist Colors, providing demos & hands-on workshops for art associations, universities, galleries & art supply retailers across central & eastern Canada. Andrea has also been teaching with various non-profit organizations for the last 10 years, working with senior centres, mental health organizations & elementary schools to provide community art classes.
Andrea received her degree in art & philosophy from Trinity Western University (Langley, BC). She has been featured in publications such as Create! & Art Ascent Magazine.
For details/information, please contact Yvonne at ycsmith@iCloud.com
- Collective members: $ 95
- Non-members: $115
- All materials included.
Send your registration fee by e-transfer to Yvonne at ycsmith@iCloud.com or get your cash/cheque to her by Monday 1 October. Space is limited & reserved on a first-paid basis.